Tokyo, July 7, 2008 - (JCN Newswire) - Pioneer Corporation has succeeded in developing a 16-layer read-only optical disc with a capacity of 400 gigabytes for the first time in the world*. Its per-layer capacity is 25 gigabytes, which is the same as that of a Blu-ray Disc (BD). This multilayer technology will also be applicable to multilayer recordable discs. This development has bolstered Pioneer's confidence in the feasibility of a large-capacity optical disc, which is expected to become necessary in the near future.
Read on at JCN.
Saturday, July 12, 2008
Pioneer Develops World's First 16-Layer Optical Disc; Big Step Toward Future Large-Capacity Archive System
Posted by dayoo_kun at 7:47 AM
- Electronic display instantly identifies customer's...
- Matsushita Electric develops new lighting device
- Pioneer Develops World's First 16-Layer Optical Di...
- Nissan charged up on electric vehicles as the comp...
- Honda's All-New 2009 Acura TL to Debut This Fall
- Showa Shell to build big solar power panel plant
- A prototype video camera able to take 360 degree v...
- ▼ July (7)