"Sanyo Electric Co. Ltd. has built a handful of useful features into its latest voice recorder. The ICR-S310RM has a built-in USB connector so you don't need to carry around a cable. It can record in MP3 format and plays MP3 and Windows Media Audio files. Sanyo says it is the largest-capacity flash-memory recorder available. It has 512M bytes of memory, which will hold between 9 hours and 71 hours of recordings, depending on the recording mode."
Continue Reading at Computerworld.
Also See: Google Translated Sanyo Site.
Wednesday, July 27, 2005
Posted by dayoo_kun at 11:45 AM
Tuesday, July 26, 2005
"Here's another leap in robot technology, but on a micro-scale. Takara has developed "Walkie bits," miniature robotic turtles, which at only 5 centimeters in length and weighing under 15 grams, are certainly among the smallest programmable robots ever mass produced. They can walk, trot, race and play music. Walkie bits, Takara 1,344 yen"
See more at Takara's Walkie Bits Homepage.
Posted by dayoo_kun at 11:21 AM
Picture: "Two visitors peer at marine life at New Enoshima Aquarium in Fujisawa, southwest of Tokyo."
Original at Japantoday.
Posted by dayoo_kun at 10:03 AM
Monday, July 25, 2005
"The robot also automatically calculates the ideal paint discharge amount and painting velocity, using data on types of paint used and film pressure. " Read Whole Article at JCN.
Posted by dayoo_kun at 3:25 PM
"TOKYO - Japan has plans to start building a supercomputer next year that can operate 73 times faster than the world's fastest supercomputer, the government said Monday. Japan wants to develop a supercomputer that can operate at 10 petaflops, or 10 quadrillion calculations per second, which is 73 times faster than the Blue Gene, an official of the ministry said on condition of anonymity." Read more at Yahoo.
Posted by dayoo_kun at 1:15 PM
"Addressing the needs of SOHO and mobile users looking for a portable copying solution, Canon U.S.A., Inc., the nation's market share brand leader in black-and-white and color laser copier/printer solutionsi, today announced the introduction of the new Canon PC160. The unit serves as a personal copier providing high-quality black-and-white copies in a lightweight compact design." Read more at Canon.
Posted by dayoo_kun at 1:11 PM
Sunday, July 24, 2005
"The specifications for the Hitachi Desktstar 7K500 are impressive. 500 GB of disk space, 16 MB of cache memory, and 3.0 Gbps of transfer speeds are about as good as you are going to get in today's hard drives." Read more at Slashdot.
Posted by dayoo_kun at 4:13 PM
Saturday, July 23, 2005
"The new device, which adopts a nanoparticle biosensor with a diameter of 100nm, can measure the binding and dissociation of proteins in realtime. " Read more at JCN.
Posted by dayoo_kun at 10:44 AM
Friday, July 22, 2005
"Adtec Corporation will release the "AD-UMX" series of USB 2.0 flash memory devices beginning in late July. Supported operating systems are Windows 98 SE, Me, 2000, and XP, as well as Mac OS 9.0.4 ~ 9.2, and Mac OS 10.1 and above."
Read more at TechJapan.
Posted by dayoo_kun at 1:23 PM
Posted by dayoo_kun at 8:22 AM
Thursday, July 21, 2005
Wednesday, July 20, 2005
"The Ozzio Musica Cube, flash memory audio player, will go on sale on June 23rd in Japan. Two models will be available, a 512MB version and a 1GB version. The pricing for the 512MB version is expected to be ¥14,900 and the 1GB version is expected to be ¥17,900." Read more at Akibalive.
Posted by dayoo_kun at 9:56 AM
Tuesday, July 19, 2005
"Alpha Data Corporation will release the "AD-OFMS" optical mobile mouse with scroll wheel in late July. It is Open Price, but estimated at around 2,500 yen. Supported operating systems are Windows 98, Me, 2000, and XP (translator's note: the original article omitted XP, but the specifications list XP as being supported so we'll go with that...) as well as MacOS 8.6 and above." Read more at TechJapan.
Posted by dayoo_kun at 8:52 PM
"Sony researchers claim to have developed an open-ended learning system for the Aibo, such that the canine robot could be said to exhibit “curiosity.” Endowed with the new software, the Aibos have demonstrated the ability to teach themselves new functions that had not been specifically programmed." Read more at Engadget.
Posted by dayoo_kun at 8:45 PM
"The brilliant huge display is not the only characteristic the new Panasonic VS3 is going to attract customers' attention with. It also offers a remarkable design, a clamshell auto-open construction, a megapixel camera and a solid functional construction..." Continue reading at Gsmarena. [Via Engadget]
Posted by dayoo_kun at 8:35 AM
Monday, July 18, 2005
Sony Online Entertainment has opened an early version of its Station Exchange website, the company's sanctioned online trading dock for items and equipment won through SOE online games - initially EverQuest II. This is the first major move into the cash-based auction buying and selling market by an MMO company, since other rival titles such as Blizzard's World Of WarCraft allow in-game item trading between players, but not any kind of cash payment system. Read more at Gamasutra.
Posted by dayoo_kun at 11:36 PM
"Imation (Japan) will start selling its Micro Hard Drive 2GB, with an incredibly small built-in 0.85 inch hard drive, during the later part of August. The price is currently listed as open price, and no indication yet as to what it might retail in stores once it hits the shelves. The portable USB hard drive is compatible with Microsoft Windows ME/2000/XP and Mac OS 9.0 and above." Read more at Akibalive.
Posted by dayoo_kun at 10:10 PM
"Hometheater (Japan) will release its new Optoma-type DVD player with DLP projector, dubbed the Movie Time DV10, on August 20. At ¥188,000 it might be a little pricey, but it certainly looks like something out of this world." Read more at Akibalive.
Posted by dayoo_kun at 8:08 PM
Fujitsu Develops World's First Film Substrate-based Bendable Color Electronic Paper featuring Image Memory Function
Tokyo, Japan, July 13, 2005 - (JCN Newswire) - Fujitsu Laboratories Ltd., Fujitsu Frontech Limited, and Fujitsu Limited (TSE:6702)(ADR: FJTSY) today announced their joint development of the world's first film substrate-based bendable color electronic paper with an image memory function. The new electronic paper features vivid color images that are unaffected even when the screen is bent, and features an image memory function that enables continuous display of the same image without the need for electricity. read more at JCN
Posted by dayoo_kun at 5:49 PM
"The Sharp Zaurus SL-C3100/3000 (and SL-C1000) is the fifth generation of the groundbreaking SL-C line of LINUX-based PDAs. The SL-C3100 and SL-C3000 are the only PDAs on the market with an internal HDD. The 4gb drive offers unparalleled storage (for a PDA) and opens up myriad new options--including using the Zaurus as a portable media player." Read more at Dynamism.
Posted by dayoo_kun at 5:26 PM
"Evergreen (Japan) began selling its EG-CM100, an MP3 player that plugs into the cigarette lighter socket of your car, on July 8th. The EG-CM100 has a built-in FM transmitter so you can listen to your MP3 files over the speakers in your car. The player is expected to sell for ¥5,980." Read more at Akibalive.
Posted by dayoo_kun at 3:25 PM
"You can account on Fujitsu Palm Vein Authentication Technology to protect your bank account. This biometric technology recognize you with your unique vein pattern which registered beforehand, and it will clean out problems of thieves and good at guessing PINs." Read more at Fujitsu.
Posted by dayoo_kun at 3:16 PM
"A sporty-looking handsfree, the HPS-20 is the perfect accessory for people on the go. It rests on rather than in your ear. Three colored interchangeable covers allow you to personalize your handsfree solution. Features an answer/end button. Compatible with the models listed below." Read more at Sony Ericsson.
Posted by dayoo_kun at 3:12 PM
"Share your experiences. Z520a is all about sharing. It has an easy-to-use VGA camera for still images and video recording to capture fun moments and Bluetooth™ and MMS to share them. A speakerphone gives your original artist music tones the sound they deserve. Z520a is all about expressing yourself. Do it."
Details at Sony Ericsson.
Posted by dayoo_kun at 2:55 PM
- ► 2008 (116)
- Sanyo Voice Recorder
- NEC Infrontia RFID tag reader PDA
- Programmable Turtles from Takara
- Picture: "Two visitors peer at marine life at New ...
- Nissan Performance. Art. Ad
- Olympus Pendant-Type M: Robe Music Player
- Kenwood Japan Music Player
- Mitsubishi Heavy Industries Develops Intelligent P...
- Yamaha Ringtones Website
- Hitachi Maxell's New Slimmer Digital Pen
- Japan Plans World's Fastest Computer
- Canon Unveils New Portable Compact Copier
- "Fujitsu Launches 12.5-Hour Laptop"
- "Bandai selling tons of Tamagotchi Plus"
- "Soon in Japan, it'll be raining ads"
- "Hitachi's 500GB SATA-II Reviewed"
- Yamaha's 100% Electric Scooter - EC-02
- Hitachi Develops Nanoparticle-based Biomolecular I...
- "White Sony PSP (PSP-1000 KCW) Announced"
- "It seems that EL displays are all the rage in Ja...
- "Adtec USB memory with changeable covers"
- "Blue Sega iDog Atmos"
- Sony to Release Web Browser for PSP
- "Straight Out of Edo-Period Japan"
- The Ultimate Casio Pro Trek
- Sanyo Solar Ark
- iDuck 256MB USB Memory
- "Summer 05 Japanese Sony PSP Commercials"
- "PC Keyboard Connected to PSP"
- Remote Controlled Flying Doraemon Toy
- Ozzio Musica Cube
- PS3 to lead over Xbox 360, Revolution
- Very Thin Mouse from Japan
- Sony researchers gives Aibo, "curiosity"
- Matsushita Introduces Adaptive Electric Carpet
- "Panasonic VS3 review: Millions of colors"
- Everquest 2 - Sony Station Exchange
- Imation (Japan) .85 inch HDD 2GB USB Drive
- Sun Denshi’s Waterproof MP3 Player
- All-in-one Optoma-type DLP Projector and DVD Playe...
- The Sanyo Xacti C5
- Sony Vaio U-series (U71/ U50)
- Fujitsu Develops World's First Film Substrate-base...
- The Sharp Zaurus SL-C3100/3000
- The Panasonic D-snap SV-SD100V
- USB Sushi Drives
- Three Leg Portable Speaker
- Portable MP3 Audio Player for your Car
- Fujitsu Palm Vein Technology
- Sony Ericsson Mobile: Portable Handsfree HPS-20
- Sony Ericsson Z520a: Coming Soon.
- Lord of the Rings PSP confirmed
- Bandai launches edutainment console called Bubble
- Elpida Memory's 512 Megabit Mobile RAM Device Fits...
- Toshiba Backs Holographic Storage Technology
- Two New Pixma Inkjet Photo Printers From Canon
- JVC Now Delivering New Line of High-End HD LCD TVs...
- Seiko Sportura
- Sony Ericsson Redefines Music on the Move With W60...
- Sony Ericsson’s new GC99 PC Card keeps you online ...
- Honda Develops New 1.8-liter i-VTEC Engine that Pr...
- NEC Develops Mobile Router Enabling Broadband Comm...
- JVC rolls out new Everios, including 30GB, 2 megap...
- Konica Minolta DiMAGE X1
- Dressing Up Your PSP
- Ricoh 8.2 megapixel camera has fast shutter action...
- 2-story Gundam recreation
- Sleipnir - Japanese Tab Browser
- Hitachi's EMIEW humanoid robots and a clown
- Fujitsu Automation HOAP-3
- Contactless recharging from DoCoMo
- Communicate with your pet over the Internet.
- ButterFly MP3 Player V3
- RoboCup 2005 Osaka, Japan Official Site
- RoboCup 2005 Osaka, Japan
- Surface-conduction Electron Emitter Display (SED)
- Sony Ericsson K750i coming to the States
- Konica Minolta Maxxum 5D
- NEC’s concept phones at Wireless Japan 2005
- Sony Network Walkman NW-E507
- Sharp's New Dual View LCD Display
- ▼ July (81)